Automotive Dealerships are designated essential businesses and may continue to operate during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ontario has temporarily moved into Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen with modifications on January 5, 2022.
The following public health and workplace safety measures are currently in effect. Please refer to O. Reg. 263/20 Rules for Areas in Step 2 for the complete list of measures and conditions that apply to certain businesses, organizations, places and individuals.
All automotive dealerships must operate under the following conditions:
- 50 per cent capacity
- music played is not above a decibel level where normal conversation is possible
- safety measures for vehicle test drives
- maximum of 10 minutes for a test drive,
- a maximum of two people in a vehicle, including one sales representative who are actively screened for COVID19 symptoms and exposure
- masks must be worn
- windows must be rolled down during the test drive
CUSTOMER SAFETY INFORMATION
Your Safety and Health is the utmost importance to us. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have taken several steps and are asking our customers to practice social distancing when attending the dealership for their appointment.
The number of customers inside our facility at any time will be limited.
Disinfection of all frequently used areas are cleaned and disinfected as frequently as is necessary to maintain a sanitary condition.
All vehicles being dropped off for service will be disinfected on the driver touchpoints at the time of drop off and again before pick-up, including keys.
We will only allow one customer per shuttle vehicle. The vehicle will be disinfected after each trip. We apologize if this slows down the shuttle service during this time.
Greetings that involve touching, such as handshakes, will not be permitted.
Clean handwashing facilities and alcohol-based hand cleansers are provided in multiple locations throughout the building (e.g., entrances, boardrooms and break rooms)
It is critical that, if you have one symptom of COVID-19 (fever, cough or difficulty breathing), or even mild symptoms, you should stay home to avoid spreading illness to others.
- Additionally, if you can answer “yes” to any of the following please follow the government guidelines and self-quarantine.
- Traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days or had contact with someone who has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
- Experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms, been exposed to someone with the COVID -19 virus within the last 14 days.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will follow guidance from public health officials and government agencies, so we can continue to support our customers and communities as needed.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 705-419-2285.
Thank you for your cooperation at this time. It is greatly appreciated.
Subaru of Sudbury